Window Solutions | Port Richey
We have been providing window solutions for clients located in Port Richey, New Port Richey, Pasco County, Hernando County, Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, Trinity and surrounding areas of Florida for over thirty years. We find it beneficial to supply clients with helpful tips on window and door maintenance to help alleviate any issue that may occur.
1. Windows and sliding glass doors should be checked at least once a year.Door tracks and window sills should be kept clean and free from dirt and debris.
2. Never use WD-40 on door tracks or window guides as this will only attract dirt. Use only a silicone type lubricant.
3. Caulking or sealant found around perimeter of window and door frames should be checked for cracks or wear at least once a year. Reseal if needed.
4. Window installation holes at bottom sills should be re-caulked once a year or checked for sealant failure and / or cracks at the bottom of the screen.
5. Mulled windows(two or more windows joined together) should be checked for sealant failure and re-caulked horizontally and vertically at the mull connection when needed.
6. Weep holes on the window sills and door tracts are designed to let water escape the sill area. Keep the holes clean and free from dirt to allow water to drain away from window.
7. Window screens are designed to keep out flying insects.
They don’t always keep out the crawling ones.
8. Never use harsh cleaners or abrasive material to clean windows and doors as this will only deteriorate the chemical compound of the sealant and will result in sealant failure.
9. Razor blades or any metallic scraper should not be used on heat strengthened or fully tempered glass.
If you have any questions regarding the above Tips and Tricks please contact us today at 727.847.1046.